Posted: 11 December, 2018 By Retreats and Workshops
Course 2: Simply Sitting
Many of us want to learn how to practice meditation but the real results of a meditation practice of any technique is in the daily devotion to it. Even 15 minutes of sitting still in meditation posture daily brings far reaching health and well being benefits to the practitioner.
On this course you receive:
- guidance on starting a daily practice of sitting still
- simple movements for sitting still
- personal guidance on how to sit and practice at home by yourself
- Mithi's simply sitting technique
- a simple practice with life changing results when done daily, to be taken with you after the course to continue on your own ( or with a teacher) with daily devotion to this technique or any other meditation technique that you choose once you have established the good habit of simply sitting daily.
General for both courses
Though I highly recommend movement/excercises/hatha yoga as a complement and pre-cursor to both Breath and Sitting practices these two courses will only cover the specific techniques for these practices and very little movement meditations. For further study in movement meditations as well as Breath and Sitting practices, we refer to our YogaMonks Starting Sadhana Courses and classes and events.
Courses are taught in English, though you can communicate with me in Swedish if you prefer.
Dates in Älvsered, Falkenberg, my home studio:
March 3rd, Sunday
April 7th Sunday
May 5th Sunday
June 2nd Sunday
Breathe Better: 11:00-12:30
Simply Sitting: 13:30-15:00
To bring :
* Your positive decision to commit to daily practice during the course weeks to establish yourself in a long-lasting experience
* A woolen blanket to sit on/lie on. Or yoga mat.
* A Journal and pen.
We provide beverages hot and cold.
720 SEK per course ( 4 sessions)
1080 SEK total when taking both courses (8 sessions)
Max class number: